- The Coronavirus (refers to their resemblance to a crown (corona in Latin) belongs to a large family of viruses identified as the cause of certain animal diseases.
- In December 2019, it was identified as the pathogen causing a cluster of pneumonia cases in Wuhan City, central mainland China, and later on, it was found to spread to all provinces of mainland China as well as internationally.
- The Coronavirus is affecting 206 countries and territories around the world and as of April 5, there are 1,203,292 Coronavirus cases are known with 64,747 death and 246,774 recovered.
- By Countries:
USA: Total cases 311,63 \ Total cases per Million: 154 \ Total death per Million: 8.3
Spain: Total cases 126,168 \ Total cases per Million 2,699 \ Total death per Million: 256
Italy: Total cases 124,632 \ Total cases per Million 2,061 \ Total death per Million: 254
China: Total cases 81,669 \Total cases per Million 57 \ Total death per Million: 2
Israel: Total cases 8,018 \ Total cases per Million 926 \ Total death per Million: 5
- On 21 February, Israel confirmed the first case of Coronavirus and on March 9 declared a mandatory quarantine for all people entering Israel.
- On March, 12, the Israeli government announced that all universities and schools would close until after the Passover (spring) break.
- From March 15, all entertainment places, restaurants, coffee shops, and shopping malls will be closed and restricting the gathering of more than 10 people in one place.
- On March 17, Israel announced a series of new emergency regulations that enforce social distancing.
- As of March 26, new regulations limit Israelis to a 100-meter radius of their homes.
- Maintain a two-meter distance from other people is required. Only two people can ride in the same car at once, excluding emergency situations.
- Israel’s Ministry of Health’s policy is preventing local infection, which includes the isolation of infected and suspected persons and the restriction of gatherings.
We recognize that these are unsettling times but hope and believe that soon enough everything will be behind us and you and your beloved ones can come and visit our beautiful country. We want you to know that your safety and wellbeing are our first priority and we are waiting with open hearts to see you soon.
5 Steps of how we make
yours adventure in Israel perfect for youRead more
IM Israel Travel is a family-owned boutique company established by tour guides, which designs and organizes tailor-made tours throughout Israel. All our tours are guide-designed, as we strongly believe that the very best tours are those designed with the hands-on knowledge of professional guides.Read more