We start our blog with a very famous Israeli dish- Shakshuka. We usually eat it for dinner accompanied by fresh baked Challah, Israeli salad and a variety of white and yellow cheese. This recipe is from our colleague: “The cooking experience – home of culinary classes” an excellent cooking workshop that takes place in a beautifully preserved old manor house in Tel Aviv.
- 10 eggs
- 6 garlic cloves
- Sliced green peppers
- 2 fresh red peppers
- 5 fresh tomatoes
- A box of sliced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, salt to taste.
- Fry the garlic and peppers for a few minutes in canola oil.
- Add all the spices and fry for another half minute.
- Add the tomatoes and boil it.
- After simmer, reduce the flame and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Make holes in the sauce, place the eggs and cover the pot.
- Cook for 5 minutes and sprinkle over coriander.
- Turn off the flame and wait with a closed cover for another 5 minutes
5 Steps of how we make
yours adventure in Israel perfect for youRead more
IM Israel Travel is a family-owned boutique company established by tour guides, which designs and organizes tailor-made tours throughout Israel. All our tours are guide-designed, as we strongly believe that the very best tours are those designed with the hands-on knowledge of professional guides.Read more