Coconut Malabi with Redberries Syrup or Mango Coulis
6 servings (about 100-120 ml)
- 400 ml. (1 can) coconut milk
- 400 ml. (1 3/4 cup) water
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 60 grams (6 tbsp.) cornstarch
- 1-2 tsp. rosewater or to taste
- 1 tsp. coconut extract optional
For the redberries syrup:
- 150 grams frozen redberries thawed
- 2 tbsp. sugar
OR: For the Mango coulis:
- Fresh Mango peeled and sliced
- Fresh Orange juice 2-3 tbsp. Or more if needed
- Malabi: in a medium saucepan heat coconut milk, sugar and water to simmering point.
- In a separate bowl, whisk cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Add cornstarch mixture into the pan while whisking and continue to cook (while mixing) until the mixture thickens. This should take about 1-2 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat and add in rosewater and coconut extract.
- Fill the glasses and refrigerate until set.
- Berries: In a small bowl, mix berries and sugar and set aside for an hour or two, until the fruit sugar dissolves.
- Assemble the dessert: pour about 1-2 tablespoons of berries (including sauce) over each dessert
- If you choose the mango option: mix the mango, the orange juice in the blender, pour on top add some pomegranate and almond chips.
- You can use strawberries or cherries instead of berries.
- Keep well wrapped for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
5 Steps of how we make
yours adventure in Israel perfect for youRead more
IM Israel Travel is a family-owned boutique company established by tour guides, which designs and organizes tailor-made tours throughout Israel. All our tours are guide-designed, as we strongly believe that the very best tours are those designed with the hands-on knowledge of professional guides.Read more