- In Jerusalem: Cool yourself in the City Of David’s wet tunnel (Ancient Jerusalem). Forget your fears of dark, wet, and narrow places, and bring your flashlight.
- In the Judean Desert: Hike through one of the canyons that run to the Dead Sea with small waterfalls and dipping pools to cool off in the freshwater after a short hike in the desert. The most common one is Nahal David in Ein Gedi. However, for a longer day hike, try Nahal Arugot.
- In Tel Aviv and along the coast, you can always take a dip in the Mediterranean Sea, and the best time is late afternoon early evening when you can also enjoy the beautiful sunset
- The Shefela (lowlands) area and the Negev Desert: Go down to the Bet Guvrin caves to cool yourself off below ground, and then spend the evening in the high desert area. If you have a 4×4 vehicle, then Ein Akev is the right place for a cold dip in the pool.
- Northern Israel is full of places to escape the heat. Serious hikers and mountain rappelling into the water in the Zavitan River in the Golan Heights (whole day hike), or just a few hours to Meshushim Pool. Swim in the Sea of Galilee or walk through the Daliot river at Madrase. Enjoy a few leisurely hours at Gan Hashlosha springs near Bet Shean or float along the Jordan River. Hike Tel Dan and cool yourself at the small dipping pools, or sail the Mediterranean with a private yacht and jump into the water to refresh yourself.
5 Steps of how we make
yours adventure in Israel perfect for youRead more
IM Israel Travel is a family-owned boutique company established by tour guides, which designs and organizes tailor-made tours throughout Israel. All our tours are guide-designed, as we strongly believe that the very best tours are those designed with the hands-on knowledge of professional guides.Read more