- Avital and “Tootsie” Deli: In a less-traveled spot of the Western Galilee, in the beautiful historic area of Yodfat, is a charming visitor’s area with a small delicatessen name Tootsie. People say that here you will find the best ever fresh sandwiches made to order. Everything Tootsie (that’s her nickname) prepares, including all her baked goods, are a must whenever we are in the neighborhood.
- Dalia and “Goat with the Wind”: A little further east on a dirt road, not far away from Tootsie, there is in a beautiful isolated goat farm facing the slopes of the Galilee Mountain. in this hidden paradise of tranquility and charm, you will be hosted by Amnon and Dalia, who have turned to make superb goat cheese into an art form.
- Elisha and Sde Boker “Agricultural R&D Center”: “We make all the mistakes so you will learn from us.” These are the words of Elisha from Kibbutz Sde Boker, a specialist agronomist who studies and develops new crops to be grown by local farmers in the Negev Desert. A tour with Elisha is always fun and educational, from agriculture to David Ben-Gurion, who was his neighbor in the Kibbutz.
- Eran and “Nana Winery”: Further south in the beautiful Negev Desert, near the Ramon Crater we met Eran, who is living his dream of creating agriculture in the desert. In particular, wine growing. Hearing his story of struggles, hardships, and success, while tasting his superb wine is a real treat.
- Erez and “Eretz Arava”: When we need to escape from the entire “big city theme” and just be with ourselves and the starry night, we choose one of the isolated farms to spend a night or two and recharge our batteries. One of our favorites is Eretz Arava (the Land of the Arava) about 3 hours’ drive from Tel Aviv towards Eilat, all hand-made by Oren who moved with his family to the Arava rift valley (part of the Negev Desert) in 2004 and opened his first suite in 2012.
- Dorit, Maoz and the “Manyana”: We met this lovely couple many years ago after they purchased their second yacht, as they returned from 6 months of sailing in the Mediterranean Sea. Maoz, a former navy officer, and Dorit an amazing cook share the dream of sailing across the Atlantic Sea to an unknown destination to wherever the wind directs them. While still waiting for their third daughter to grow up, they offer their sailboat for an unforgettable sailing and dining experience on the Mediterranean from Akko bay.
5 Steps of how we make
yours adventure in Israel perfect for youRead more
IM Israel Travel is a family-owned boutique company established by tour guides, which designs and organizes tailor-made tours throughout Israel. All our tours are guide-designed, as we strongly believe that the very best tours are those designed with the hands-on knowledge of professional guides.Read more