- In Jerusalem, we like the rooftop of the Tower of David Museum in the Old City. It’s in a beautiful area, dating back to King Herold’s time, with a spectacular view over the Old City.
- In the Judean Desert, we like the ancient synagogue of Ein Gedi which connects us to our ancestors some 2,000 years ago and their special “secret” that kept them alive. The synagogue is close to Masada and the beautiful Ein Gedi oasis and natural reserve. We recommend staying the night before the ceremony in the Dead Sea area to enjoy the beautiful surrounding.
- One of the most spectacular views in Israel is the Ramon Crater- a unique geological phenomenon that exists only in the Negev Desert. To hold the ceremony facing this amazing scenery is an unforgettable experience.
- A Bar/Bat Mitzvah ceremony in the north of Israel is always an excellent choice, except in the winter when the chances of rain are higher. In the Golan Heights, we love the ancient synagogue of Katzrin, which is an open-air museum focusing on Jewish daily life in the Talmudic and the remains of an impressive 1,500-year-old synagogue.
- In the Upper Galilee region, our favorite site is the ancient synagogue of Bar’am, which is definitely off the beaten track in the beautiful Baram forest. The synagogue served a large Jewish community more than 2,000 years ago and connects us to our heritage and our ancestors.
5 Steps of how we make
yours adventure in Israel perfect for youRead more
IM Israel Travel is a family-owned boutique company established by tour guides, which designs and organizes tailor-made tours throughout Israel. All our tours are guide-designed, as we strongly believe that the very best tours are those designed with the hands-on knowledge of professional guides.Read more